RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Level System 3

Ki Frost

Sorceror
can someone see if they can download and extract R-B1 from the zip?

everytime I try the only thing I get is a "file" inside with the name R-B1[1] and no file extention...

Greystar

Wanderer
Ki Frost;751163 said:
can someone see if they can download and extract R-B1 from the zip?

everytime I try the only thing I get is a "file" inside with the name R-B1[1] and no file extention...

Level System 3 R-B1

then inside it has a sub folder of Scripts

Opens fine for me.

Ki Frost

Sorceror
Greystar;751195 said:
Level System 3 R-B1

then inside it has a sub folder of Scripts

Opens fine for me.

ok, since it doesnt work for me would you be kind enough to send it to me in a PM or something... ?

ty for the help

~KF~

Greystar

Wanderer
Ki Frost;751229 said:
ok, since it doesnt work for me would you be kind enough to send it to me in a PM or something... ?

ty for the help

~KF~

Someone else posted why the files aren't opening, extra the file inside and the .zip extension to it... it should be openable then. I guess my software I use is dummy proof and just opens all archives that aren't corrupt.

Devil2004

Wanderer
Hi Frost,
I have the Sistem level 3 not beta 1 he is confronting with the rows to modify I have seen of variations from yours precedence modifications. You can kindly explain which to take to me in consideration. You can once tested the Beta to create Sistem Level 4 cosi' is understood what to make?
Excuse of my English not corrected. :D

PS: I am using Server RunUo 2.0 RC2

Thanks.

typhoonbot

Sorceror
Ok first of all AWESOME SYSTEM Ki-Frost....

the first time I installed, I had no issues with installation, and absolutely no errors, the script does 95% of what I want it to do.

secondly....The reason I am here is to try and get some help, in getting it to give me that other 5% im looking for :D

ok, I want both skills, and killing exp (creature or player) to contribute towards the players level. so the perfect section for me to use is: enviroment.

however, enviroment also allows players stats to contribute towards their level. I am just wondering, can you tell me how to completely remove all the coding, that tells the enviroment section to allow player stats to be included in the Level calculation please...

Thanks a lot

regards

Ki Frost

Sorceror
typhoonbot;765552 said:
Ok first of all AWESOME SYSTEM Ki-Frost....

the first time I installed, I had no issues with installation, and absolutely no errors, the script does 95% of what I want it to do.

secondly....The reason I am here is to try and get some help, in getting it to give me that other 5% im looking for :D

ok, I want both skills, and killing exp (creature or player) to contribute towards the players level. so the perfect section for me to use is: enviroment.

however, enviroment also allows players stats to contribute towards their level. I am just wondering, can you tell me how to completely remove all the coding, that tells the enviroment section to allow player stats to be included in the Level calculation please...

Thanks a lot

regards

sure, its simple enough...

go into level core and right at the top is GetExp( ) method just change the return to:
Code:
return [COLOR="Green"]/*Stats(klr) +*/[/COLOR] (Skills(klr) / 10);

typhoonbot

Sorceror
Hey, I came across a small issue...I think its just me, cause I didnt see anyone else post about this - they all seemed to be fine....

when I [props a player, and try set their exp property to 0, it just does nothing, and keeps the same value that was there.

I tried that "reset on login" file you posted earlier in the thread. and it set the levels and ToLevel (xp required for next level) to 0, but NOT the current xp. how can I reset all players current xp to 0 ?

regards

Asmodan

Wanderer
I liked it kind of but it's not really what I expected in a level system. Although the script it's self is excellent, No offence but I'm not going to use this on my server.

Plus the fact I hate distros.

typhoonbot

Sorceror
I'm wondering - why doesnt my crafting exp work ki-frost ?

I have the mode set to enviroment, and craft Exp = true (players get xp from successful craft). But ingame they do not, ive tried crafting almost every item - nothing gives experience...

typhoonbot

Sorceror
Ok, if I wanted to completely remove this system from my server, how would I go about doing that.

because I tried un-doing all the distro mods, and deleteing the "Level System 3" folder in my customs, and I ran into lots and lots of "fatal error" delete all of those types, about my player mobile. one time I tried selecting "yes, delete all of those types" and every single character on my shard was lost. luckily I made my back-ups before trying. But what is the proper way to remove it without getting so many very scarey errors ?

Dont get me wrong, this is a really, really great system ki-frost :) It just doesnt fit the kind of theme I'm looking for on my server...

regards

Ki Frost

Sorceror
Ok, after alot of sorting of RL crap I can finally get back into coding and give it a "hard look", so I was wondering, what all prolems people have had with this system, what they would like to see improved, and what they would like to see added. All questions and statements are pertaining to 3.0 and 3.0 RB1

In one weeks time (Fri 7/25) I will begin working on Level System 4.0
As of right now I dont have any deffinate garuntees or promised "updates" so it will pretty much be just finalizing 3.0 and 3.0 RB 1 until I have input from you.

rexxz

Page
I'm interested to see what else you come up with. I'll try this script out soon and let you know my opinions on it.

Sarraclab

Sorceror
When I used your system there were two things I thought would have made it better. First, make it easier to set each level at a custom experience amounts, ex. 1 = 200, 2 = 500, 3 = 900, 4 = 1200. I tried the methods for doing this in this thread but the only led to more problems or didn't change anything. So, either that, or allow players to type in a calculation to determine the individual level amounts (we're talking cummulative experience, not when it drops back to zero), ex. a = level, and b = experience, and the equation I use =
(a x (a+1) x (a+2)) + (16 x a).

That, and have the experience bar behave as if your experience is reset to zero after each level to show how close you are to your next level, but still have increasing distance between levels and a cummulative experience overall.

Hopefully that makes sense, and if there's any easy way to modify either of those into the current system, I would love to know how. I've PMed you before about this, but then ended up testing some other scripts and didn't follow through to work it out. Now with a possib 4.0 on the way, I'm interested again.
Thanks.

Ki Frost

Sorceror
Sarraclab;770949 said:
When I used your system there were two things I thought would have made it better. First, make it easier to set each level at a custom experience amounts, ex. 1 = 200, 2 = 500, 3 = 900, 4 = 1200. I tried the methods for doing this in this thread but the only led to more problems or didn't change anything. So, either that, or allow players to type in a calculation to determine the individual level amounts (we're talking cummulative experience, not when it drops back to zero), ex. a = level, and b = experience, and the equation I use =
(a x (a+1) x (a+2)) + (16 x a).

That, and have the experience bar behave as if your experience is reset to zero after each level to show how close you are to your next level, but still have increasing distance between levels and a cummulative experience overall.

Hopefully that makes sense, and if there's any easy way to modify either of those into the current system, I would love to know how. I've PMed you before about this, but then ended up testing some other scripts and didn't follow through to work it out. Now with a possib 4.0 on the way, I'm interested again.
Thanks.

I have thought about making it to where you can customize the needed exp per level but I didnt want to make 200 ints/doubles and work with them.

I am, however, looking into simpler ways to do this.

As for the exp bar, I can do that but it would take a little bit of a dumbish work around, but its easy.

Mostly at the moment I havn't made much progress with this because I am trying to figure out how to make the 'interface' the way I wan't to. I know how I wan't it, but doing it atm, is a little tricky.

other things I am looking into are, in game setup of levels (as a prop), wich I sort of know how to do, I'm still just cycling through some of the options, more ease of use, such as a reset command and an in-game setup, and a new way of doing the skill and stat exp so that it can be 'reset' as well without adding like 12 - 20 levels with one 'update'.

when I get things worked out how I want I will make a list of things that will be added.
If you want to know what will be changed, just have to wait.

rexxz

Page
I got a question, and this may sounds incredibly stupid (I hope it does not, though), but I haven't seen an answer to it.

In this level system, the players still gain skill normally. Is this intended? I imagined that you would gain experience and be able to spend points in skills as you level up. I admit that I have not used it very much but it is just an observation I've had given the time that I have used it. Also, I noticed no change in the character during a level increase, is this also normal?

Ki Frost

Sorceror
rexxz;770987 said:
I got a question, and this may sounds incredibly stupid (I hope it does not, though), but I haven't seen an answer to it.

In this level system, the players still gain skill normally. Is this intended? I imagined that you would gain experience and be able to spend points in skills as you level up. I admit that I have not used it very much but it is just an observation I've had given the time that I have used it. Also, I noticed no change in the character during a level increase, is this also normal?

Yes skill gain is supposed to continue to go on normally. This system is NOT a 'point' system (though that may change), so skills arnt effected.

Stats do change on leveling if you activate it in the _Setup file (depending on wich you use), if it doesn't do it often enough you may need to change the % chance that it is given (wich is also in the _Setup file).

As a side note. I have decided that after I get 4.0 done, wich is a LONG ways off, I am removing all other versions of the level system, PLS through R-B1

Also, R-B1 users will be able to use their current save file in 4.0.

rexxz

Page
Ah ok, so from what I gather it's a ranking system of sorts, estimating a character's overall power by a level representation. Stat gains for level up as well, that's neat. I assume the best thing to do would be to disable regular stat gain to give the level system more importance?

Ki Frost

Sorceror
rexxz;770997 said:
Ah ok, so from what I gather it's a ranking system of sorts, estimating a character's overall power by a level representation. Stat gains for level up as well, that's neat. I assume the best thing to do would be to disable regular stat gain to give the level system more importance?

Could. But I dont recommend it unless you turn the bonusstatchance to like 75% or something. That and I dont think very many players would like getting a random stas on leveling as their only form of stat gain.