RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New client, encryption troubles, and Solutions!

Dreadfull

Sorceror
well tried razor 1.0.3
and it connected and selected the server but couldn't see character selection. Using client 5.0.7.0
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527

with latest connectUO beta 5 r.16211
I tired connecting with the same 5.0.7.0 client version and it results in
Client: 127.0.0.1: Encrypted client detected, disconnecting
Client: 127.0.0.1: Disconnected. [1 Online] [Despized]

Warloxx

Sorceror
Hell I get nothing at all in my RunUO server/cmd window. I'm running RunUO server 2357.32527 and Connect UO build beta 5r 16211 when I try to login it stops at verifying account, now thing is my sever and UO are on the same computer so I don't know if thats fixed yet or not? if not anytime soon maybe?

Palmer

Wanderer
I have this same problem but its account specific on OSI shard. I have other accounts that the update works well on.

TiA,

wangchung

Wanderer
mine is doing the same thing.... it will log in... and show verifying account and then go to connecting... and that is it... i have tried to restart my whole UO game, and see what the patch names are.... but no luck =[, if there was a way to remove patches..... even tho there is a patch folder in ";C/ProgramFiles/EAGames/UltimaOnline blah blah blah..." but there is nothing in that folder...

Warloxx

Sorceror
OK I got mine to connect and goto the RunUO TC screen (or name of the shard for some) but as soon as I hit the world to enter it says Connecting and the RunUO server cmd window tells me...

Client: 127.0.0.1: Encrypted client detected, disconnecting
Client: 127.0.0.1: Disconnected. [0 Online] [account name here]

any idea???

clark71822

Sorceror
wangchung said:
mine is doing the same thing.... it will log in... and show verifying account and then go to connecting... and that is it... i have tried to restart my whole UO game, and see what the patch names are.... but no luck =[, if there was a way to remove patches..... even tho there is a patch folder in ";C/ProgramFiles/EAGames/UltimaOnline blah blah blah..." but there is nothing in that folder...

You'll never really see any patches in that folder unless you open that folder up while downloading OSI patches or there was a major problem applying the patch...patch.exe will delete the patches that are downloaded once they have been applied. The only thing you can do at this point really would be to reinstall uo and download all the patches up to 5.0.6e and click cancel once it starts downloading 5.0.65

wangchung

Wanderer
yes.... but i think when you remove the patch.exe, and re-install the rest of them or re-install the patches again... it went to the "2d client" or "3d client" launch screen... when i clicked 2d just to make sure everything would come up... it went back to the patching screen, and installed another patch, but thanks for the .exe thing.... ill have to try that =], o btw.. where is that file at.. i cant find it?

Jeff

Lord
clark71822 said:
You'll never really see any patches in that folder unless you open that folder up while downloading OSI patches or there was a major problem applying the patch...patch.exe will delete the patches that are downloaded once they have been applied. The only thing you can do at this point really would be to reinstall uo and download all the patches up to 5.0.6e and click cancel once it starts downloading 5.0.65
No the 5.0.65 and 5.0.70 versions work at this point. the problem with connecting locally to ur server with razor and connectuo has always been this way and we are working on it. the reason razor just started doing it however is cause it now uses the CUO connection dlls vs the UOG.dll, since the UOG.dll is now worthless.

wangchung

Wanderer
jeez... idk what to do then.... i opened up a file in my UO directory saying somethinga bout what files the patches installed.. the folder is "patchlog", you just need to open it with like wordpad or notepad or w/e... but there is a uotd at the bottom of the UO directory folder taht says verions 5.0.7.0, this is for the 3D verion i think, but im not sure

Jeff

Lord
wangchung said:
jeez... idk what to do then.... i opened up a file in my UO directory saying somethinga bout what files the patches installed.. the folder is "patchlog", you just need to open it with like wordpad or notepad or w/e... but there is a uotd at the bottom of the UO directory folder taht says verions 5.0.7.0, this is for the 3D verion i think, but im not sure
then u have the latest version, u should be able to use CUO to connect to servers without issue, Razor is in the works of being updated to work.

wangchung

Wanderer
yeah... i have been using CUO, but i thought there was a problem with it because i couldnt connect to my local shard... but i guess that is an internal one... thanks alot tho... nice blog by the way :D

clark71822

Sorceror
patch.exe is located in the main UO directory (says uopatch.exe)
That file is what downloads and applies the patches to the client and related files, so if you removed that, you wouldn't be able to download or apply patches to UO.

Warloxx

Sorceror
what I ment by 3d party is like kiros or razor or UOMaps or anything like that, I just use to fire up my server load up UOGateway click my server name and go, Yes Im aware that UOGateway and ConnectUO are 3d party but I ment other then that.