RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New client, encryption troubles, and Solutions!

Jeff

Lord
wangchung said:
yeah... i have been using CUO, but i thought there was a problem with it because i couldnt connect to my local shard... but i guess that is an internal one... thanks alot tho... nice blog by the way :D
Ive just updated CUO, restart it and let it update, try to connect to ur localhost server after the update and let me know if u can please.

Jeff

Lord
Warloxx said:
what I ment by 3d party is like kiros or razor or UOMaps or anything like that, I just use to fire up my server load up UOGateway click my server name and go, Yes Im aware that UOGateway and ConnectUO are 3d party but I ment other then that.
UO Gateway wont connect to ur server if u have the latest client. At this point in time UOGateway is broken for the latest client and fixit is the only one that can accualyl fix the issue, since he isnt around much anymore, this may be the end of UOG, thus download CUO and use it, it does work as far as i know.

wangchung

Wanderer
clark71822 said:
patch.exe is located in the main UO directory (says uopatch.exe)
That file is what downloads and applies the patches to the client and related files, so if you removed that, you wouldn't be able to download or apply patches to UO.

oo ok... but how would i remove the files or patches already installed in the directory? or is taht to many files...?

Warloxx

Sorceror
Nope still does this..
Client: 127.0.0.1: Encrypted client detected, disconnecting
Client: 127.0.0.1: Disconnected. [0 Online] [name goes here]

Here is the entier window

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (cached)
Scripts: Compiling VB.NET scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...done (2342 items, 535 mobiles)
Regions: Loading...done
World: Loading...done (3430 items, 16 mobiles) (0.99 seconds)

UO Architect Server for RunUO 2.0 is listening on port 2594
Reports: Stats: Loading...done
Reports: Staff: Loading...done
Address: 127.0.0.1:2593
Address: 192.168.0.103:2593
Client: 127.0.0.1: Connected. [1 Online]
Login: 127.0.0.1: Valid credentials for 'name goes here'

wangchung

Wanderer
no... it still just goes to the connecting screen, after the verifying account.. and my sever box still says he same thing, as theres does ^^^^

Jeff

Lord
Warloxx said:
Nope still does this..

Here is the entier window

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (cached)
Scripts: Compiling VB.NET scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...done (2342 items, 535 mobiles)
Regions: Loading...done
World: Loading...done (3430 items, 16 mobiles) (0.99 seconds)

UO Architect Server for RunUO 2.0 is listening on port 2594
Reports: Stats: Loading...done
Reports: Staff: Loading...done
Address: 127.0.0.1:2593
Address: 192.168.0.103:2593
Client: 127.0.0.1: Connected. [1 Online]
Login: 127.0.0.1: Valid credentials for 'name goes here'

what client version?

clark71822

Sorceror
If you downloaded the patches from OSI...you can't remove them unless you re-install UO. Reason is the patches from OSI replaces the game's files once they are extracted from the rtp file then it deleted the rtp file...now if they're patches from a freeshard listed on UOGateway, there will be a folder in UO called uog you can delete those patches in there. I dunno about patches downloaded from ConnectUO though, as I haven't been able to mess around with it much because a display related bug.

wangchung

Wanderer
yeah i know about those patches... or that patch folder, but if i were to re-install UO completely, would i just need to cancle it when it goes to client 5.0.6.0 or w/e or what?

wangchung

Wanderer
so just cancel the 5.0.6.0 or is there another place i need to cancel it at... ill prolly just go with UOC because i dont want to have to restart all my crap again.. .lol, but if that works better i guess ill have to do it

clark71822

Sorceror
If you're not sure...I'd just download CUO and use it...beats having to re-install and downloading the umpteen million patches OSI put out lol

Jeff

Lord
And if you goto edit, on the local server entry on CUO the Patch Client Encryption check box is CHECKED?

wangchung

Wanderer
clark71822 said:
If you're not sure...I'd just download CUO and use it...beats having to re-install and downloading the umpteen million patches OSI put out lol
yeah luckily tho... i have a pretty fast connection so it only takes about 5 min.. but i hate having to re-install all the crap anyways... lol it just so happens that i was banned from wow today too lol... =[ so i dont have a backup... (WOW being my backup) BUT if i wasnt banned from wow.. i wouldnt be able to talk to you guys =P and get the stuff i need to know

wangchung

Wanderer
Jeff said:
And if you goto edit, on the local server entry on CUO the Patch Client Encryption check box is CHECKED?

yeah that is checked.... and it says like (this removes it or something) right?

Jeff

Lord
Well im not sure, let this boil over the weekend, and lemme see how many ppl are having this issue, sorry for the inconvience but you may wanna try connecting locallly with just Razor, its been updated itself too.