RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 2.0 Final Re-Pack

WeaselOne

Sorceror
well u can edit the spawner on which the mobs are being spawned that is 1 way try that first but for Globe spawning mobs not sure how u can do that editing.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
elgato16;852047 said:
Many thanks for this :D Just 2 questions..

Why do my npcs and mobs fall through the floor? ( you can see their names, then you realize they are under the floor level)
How do I fix the NPCs being able to walk through the wall too?

That's a client issue, you need to update your client patch further. What patch version I have no idea, never used this package.

elgato16

Wanderer
James420;852052 said:
That's a client issue, you need to update your client patch further. What patch version I have no idea, never used this package.

Problem is, I play another server that requires the client version I have... and I don't want to patch it because everything is fine with the other server. This one is just for fun :(

WeaselOne

Sorceror
Narlox;852040 said:
try installing the stygian abyss classic game. thats what i did and it works great (do not patch the game though)

tried what u asked me about the new ea games client d/l nope does the same thing why dont u try using a gargoyles knife on a skinable mob an see if it's doing the same for u , what it is going to do as far as i know is random spawn a leather elemental with a runic sewing kit an 25 hides of that type of elemental that was spawned u might have try many kills an skinning for this too happen but i've tried many times with different clients an get the same results umm i'm thinking its scripting editing myself but i cant remember what commands to put in the script or scripts to fix it, becuz when i just spawn the special leather elemental on it's own no runic sewing kit or special leather shows up umm odd, i'm pos. it worked when i ran a shard long long time ago

elgato16

Wanderer
WeaselOne;852050 said:
well u can edit the spawner on which the mobs are being spawned that is 1 way try that first but for Globe spawning mobs not sure how u can do that editing.

I did that, and they walk 1 step and fall through the floor..

seanandre

Sorceror
WeaselOne, you're right. It's not giving us problems on the server we use with our kids which uses this re-pack. But I uncompressed the download file I offer here I log into the admin and go out and kill things like cows and bulls, and I use the Gargoyles Knife on the corpses. It took a while for a lether elemental to spawn, and when one finally did there was no body. After doing an [area kill command near me it died and the only thing that showed up was a dead corpse. I opened it and it had a runic sewing kit on it. I am CLUELESS as to what is causing this. It seems to work fine on our server we use with our kids which uses this re-pack, but then again I haven't really had much chance to test it further with this problem. I'll keep trying. But as for how to fix it, I haven't a clue. Anybody else feel like chiming in here on this?

elgato16, as for your issue, it is definitely a client patch problem. We designed this re-pack around client patch v6.0.0.0. Anything lower than that may cause stuff to fall through the floor because when OSI came out with client patch v6.0.0.0 they designed everything around a map that required them to raise the Z axis of everything slightly. Why they did that I have no clue, but it's what they did, and unfortunately we're stuck with it. I wanted to use client patch v5.0.9.1 because we miss being able to use the 3D client, but apparently RAZOR doesn't support running that patch anymore cause every time we tried to start it, it gave all kinds of errors.

There is a way you can run more than 1 copye of Ultima Online at the same time. Just install a new copy of UO in a different folder and manually set RAZOR's data folder to that after you patch it up to v6.0.0.0 and only use that one for the ?Re-Pack. Your other client you use on the other server will remain as long as whenever youw ant to play on that server, you set RAZOR's data back to your original installation folder not the new one. New Installation folder for the Re-Pack, Original installation folder for the other server. Other than that, I don't know what else to do.

Hope this helps everyone,

Sean

WeaselOne

Sorceror
Sean how about if u try to spawn just 1 of the special leather elementals without using the knife an see what is on the corpse then if u get runic an the leather of that type , i think it might be the basecrea.ca script that needs the editing then but i'm not good a scripting any more memory is not what it was 5 years ago lol oh on the server the kids use too lol an also look at all 3 gargoyles scripts the pickaxe,an axe are so basic but the gar. knife is got so many commands an cases that might be the script to edit as well i'm thinking back when i used the special leathers scripts before it was like the other 2 basic just add the harvest system instead , i think but i'm not sure maybe might ask the author of the custom scripts about our problem , my next task for now is getting the peerless ml to work with your re pack wish me luck lol
oh i also wanted to Thank U Very Much On The Re-Pack well done!! an the Stargate addons is so kewl good scripting
if any other PePs could help us solve this problems plz reply A.S.A.P!!

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
elgato16;852055 said:
Problem is, I play another server that requires the client version I have... and I don't want to patch it because everything is fine with the other server. This one is just for fun :(

Then install the client again, in a new spot. You'll have two copies, one you can use for other shards, and the new one for the one you're having issues with.

deides

Traveler
May I recommend adding knives townhosues to this release? It's by far one of the most useful and fun additions to RUNUO.

Annwn

Wanderer
Questions about the files

Have been using your excellent package for about a month now and have a couple, ok three, questions...
I realize that the Heartwood quests aren't in the version of Nerun's Distro that you use but are the recipes etc included? I've looked but I can't find them and I'm not sure if it's because they simply aren't there or I'm looking in the wrong place, or just plain not understanding the code :)
You mentioned using a vendor stone to sell the artifacts etc...so without sounding like a complete newb..how do you do that?
Are you aware that the download link doesn't work?

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
What recipes are you talking about? The ones that teach you how to craft items? Believe that's part of Daat99's owltr system.

seanandre

Sorceror
As far as I can tell, it doesn't look like Heartwood is even spawned, therefore it would have to be added to Nerun's Distro system. It might be in there in his new version v 5.20 but we can't put it in the repack because it would require a LOT of script editing and redoing of everything which I don't have the energy for at the moment. I'm more focused on getting the current problems fixed as they come up. If Heartwood isn't spawned, I don't imagine RunUO has even scripted those quests. If they have, it's a mystery to me as I haven't seen them either.

Stayed tuned in the next few days as there might be another release as we plan on including Knives Town Houses in the repack if they work with everything. No promises as I'm not sure if it will work.

Wish me luck!

Sean

Annwn

Wanderer
Good luck.

As far as I can tell Nerun has got a few spawns roaming around Heartwood but none are the recipe quest givers so it's probably just more for decoration than anything else. Also appears that sanctuary has been overrun with the monsters that were roaming around outside it :)

I did take a brief look at the quests that are contained in the 32-bit ML download, with an eye to incorporating them, but as you said it would require a large amount of editing of core scripts.

seanandre

Sorceror
!!!!! UPDATE !!!!!

The first post in this thread has been updated! A new release has been posted. Please reffer to the first post in this thread for more information and the download link.

Sean

WeaselOne

Sorceror
Gargoyles Knife fix (testing needed)!

Not sure Sean or Others this is a true fix for all clients but it works for me , i had to edit the elementals.ca to body = 101 value for all the leather elementals in the script. here is mine

Attachments

• Elementals.cs
    12.3 KB · Views: 14

WeaselOne

Sorceror
Gargoyles

i also edit all the gargoyles scripts an added

if ( 0.050 > Utility.RandomDouble() )
PackItem( new GargoylesAxe() );
if ( 0.055 > Utility.RandomDouble() )
PackItem( new GargoylesKnife() );
if ( 0.060 > Utility.RandomDouble() )
PackItem( new GargoylesPickaxe() );

to each of the Magic an Melee gargoyles for a better chance to find them then tested it works good!

davidwillson

Wanderer
Cloud[CHN];849383 said:
cool~

i will try this out.

so would this repack be updated in the future?

At the moment there are no plans for anything to be added to the Re-Pack. Pretty soon we'll be looking for suggestions on what to add to it, but for now I'm looking for people to put it to the test, see if there are any bugs in it. At the moment the only thing we're trying to work on is a few scripting errors such as the Gargoyle's Axe not spawning tree elementals when you lumberjack with it, as well as when you craft certain items with blacksmithing and tinkering, it shows a bunch of numbers where there is supposed to be a proper name in the item title. There is also an issue with some bad spawns, and hair dues keep converting to their virtual counterparts at server startup for some reason. Once we get all the bugs worked out and everything is running flawlessly we'll be adding more systems and updating as necessary.

Roaming

Sorceror
I am getting back into playing and exploring UO again, really do love this project so far and see a lot of hope and promise. If you do not mind so much, I can list everything I find wrong as I play along with it.

Just did a clean install of this and found in the vet award gump a few string id numbers rather then proper names. Nothing consistent, just odd one here and there on each of the reward lists.

seanandre

Sorceror
That all may have something to do with the client version. Maybe requiring v6.0.0.0 was a bad idea LOL! Although I don't know how the project survived this long without me noticing that one. My wife and I play on this with our kids and we're always getting rewards every 30 days.

I wonder if all this can be corrected just by puting a cliloc.enu file from the latest patches of Mondain's Legacy in the RunUO main folder where the EXE is run from. I remember a while back on RunUO 1.0, there was a script that required the latest patched AOS cliloc.enu to be in the RunUO main folder. I think it was called the Interest System or something like that, that gave you interest on your tokens and gold. I have no clue.

Roaming, that would be great if you could let us know of problems as you see them. I just hope that we can all work together to correct them as some of these problems may be out of my league. Although we have done pretty well so far with everyone's help.

Sean