RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Lucid Nagual's <<_All Spells System_>>

ok - here are some suggestions for spells:

Plant wall --- grows a bunch of plants realy fast to block that spot - maybe longer/bigger with higher skill

Entangle - plants grow up in area and entangle person - like para field - lasts longer with higher skill

Expedient growth (spelling is bad here) -- all crops for 10x10 to 20x20 (by skill level) advance a growth state (harventable plants of course)

fertilize - used on the standard plant system (one in houses to grow/breed plants) to have it jump 1 days growth

Plant hide - when with in 2 tiles of a harvestable plant - able to hide amoung them (can blend in with the corn stalks, etc)

standard mark, recall & gate spells renamed for the farmer

Thorn Strike - plants in area grow thorns and anyone passing over them takes damage - see below also

Shooting thorns -- thorns shoot from their palm to do damage like a fireball would - can include just physical damage at 1st then at higher levels to include acid, cold, or poison damage and maybe even poison the victim

Form Spear/club/different weapons --- plants twist together to make a magical weapon the farmer can use (like the rangers bows)

enchant hoe --- the hoe they are carrying becomes a much more powerful weapon

Hope you like those ideas :)

also a different suggestion - instead of using a totaly different skill to add to the skill system (which could be a pain) -- just make it a totaly different skill system item - like a points stored in a marker somewhere --- this way is not a point hog for what will probaly be lesser spells and or class for people to take - but more of an add on class - just a suggestion

Boulder

Sorceror
all spell system

is this system based on caratures haveing unlimted skill cap
or will it work on a 1000 skill cap shard
Bye the way i like your work.
also cant find magic trianer.
if you buy books there empty how to change that

Zalen_Elxen

Wanderer
Can anyone tell me what Ive done wrong?

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (2 errors, 1 warnings)
Warnings:
+ Spells/@@Other Shit/-=+ Full Spellbook +=-/Full Spellbook/TomeOfKnowledge.cs:

CS0162: Line 266: Unreachable code detected
Errors:
+ Spells/@@Other Shit/-=+ Full Spellbook +=-/Full Spellbook/Settings.cs:
CS0117: Line 121: 'Server.Spells.FSB.SchoolFlag' does not contain a definiti
on for 'Undead'

CS0117: Line 58: 'Server.Spells.FSB.FSBSchoolFlags' does not contain a defin
ition for 'm_AllScrollTypes'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

RavonTUS

Sorceror
Greetings,

First, Thank you for helping with the stone. The information will come in handy.

Second, A farm skill sound good. It seems I remember flaming bananas and exploding pineapple (or maybe some other fruits) from my Sphere days.

Third, Thank you for the whole All Spells system. Good job!

-Ravon

scrapy

Wanderer
Divine Focus Spell and Smite Spell

I thought Divine Focus will strengthen invocation of Smite, and he weakened vice versa :(

Invocation of Smite is very strong by the way

double damage = 0.3 * Caster.Skills[SkillName.Healing].Value * ClericDivineFocusSpell.GetScalar( Caster );

I suggest to do so.

Lord Greystone:
also a different suggestion - instead of using a totaly different skill to add to the skill system (which could be a pain) -- just make it a totaly different skill system item - like a points stored in a marker somewhere --- this way is not a point hog for what will probaly be lesser spells and or class for people to take - but more of an add on class - just a suggestion
Thanks for the ideas for the spells. And as far as the skill goes...I was gonna come up with something similar to the experience system that I did. Where points were stored on a module.

--------------------------------------------------------
Boulder:
licid thanks
it compiled fine but have the same problem you say bank it crashes
OK I will look into it further. I just added it to my shard and will be testing it shortly.

-------------------------------------------------------
Boulder:
is this system based on caratures haveing unlimted skill cap
or will it work on a 1000 skill cap shard
Bye the way i like your work.
also cant find magic trianer.
if you buy books there empty how to change that
This sysem is based on a, 100 skill point = GM level, and 120 as a Powerscroll level. I will fix the control center and the trainer soon.

------------------------------------------------------
Zalen_Elxen:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (2 errors, 1 warnings)
Warnings:

CS0162: Line 266: Unreachable code detected
Errors:
+ Spells/@@Other Shit/-=+ Full Spellbook +=-/Full Spellbook/Settings.cs:
CS0117: Line 121: 'Server.Spells.FSB.SchoolFlag' does not contain a definiti
on for 'Undead'

CS0117: Line 58: 'Server.Spells.FSB.FSBSchoolFlags' does not contain a defin
ition for 'm_AllScrollTypes'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.
I pm'd you.

Zalen_Elxen

Wanderer
Thanks...

Lucid I appreciate your patience with me. After starting from a fresh install (again) and carefully adding each script individually (and archiving each one just in case I screwed it up) I fianlly got a compiled install. Whats even stranger is last time I had to tear apart the custom reagents script, and this time I didnt. I look forward to anything else you may script and i'll keep ya updated on my progress. Thanks again.

Zalen_Elxen

Wanderer
Still same problems...

I still have the same problem of any standard spell over 4th level fizzling on every casting. And this is with a clean install with nothing more than All Spells, Aliens central memory, and bacaws level system. Any ideas?

Zalen_Elxen

Zalen_Elxen said:
I still have the same problem of any standard spell over 4th level fizzling on every casting. And this is with a clean install with nothing more than All Spells, Aliens central memory, and bacaws level system. Any ideas?
I think I found out why some spells fizzle. I will try and get a fix for it soon.

Edit: Yep I found the issue. A big stupid mistake on my part. This will take a while.

Edit2: OK I only had enough time to fix the Ninja Spells so far. Here they are:

Edit3: OK I lied here is the Samuria Spells, too:

Edit4: OK after this I seriously need to get ready for work. I mean it this time, lol. Here is the Necromancer Spells:

Attachments

• Ninjitsu.zip
    14.7 KB · Views: 79
  • Bushido.zip
    8.3 KB · Views: 77
  • Necromancy.zip
    27.6 KB · Views: 78
no problem on the sugestions - was glad to hopefully make a contribution to the system, because it is a great system

I look forward to the additions you have to it

-- any plans for spellweaving in the future?

Lord_Greywolf

Lord_Greywolf said:
no problem on the sugestions - was glad to hopefully make a contribution to the system, because it is a great system

I look forward to the additions you have to it

-- any plans for spellweaving in the future?
Yes, I would like to get some of them done. Can you do me a favor? I am super busy [working 7 days a week now]. Can you please get me the details of those spells, put them in a text document and upload them here for me? I would greatly appreciate it. And BTW I have fixed some of the spell classes that were causing issues. They are posted above, thanks.

*Jumping in the shower, lightning fast*

scrapy

Wanderer
By the way for a complete steepness to Undead does not seize of old kind MassParaliz, but from Poison it is possible to do UrbenStrike, as in old uo - Powerful Flamestrake and poison together.

sorry - i do not have any info on spell weaving - I do not play OSI so i have no idea on it at all

I do not even know how it is supposed to work, just rumors that i have heard on it, and i think most of those are wrong :eek:

Johabius

Knight
WARNING:
This information was released before Mondain's Legacy was released so some of the information may be out of date, or changed since then, but this may give you a basic idea of Spellweaving.
http://www.uo.com/uoml/
And then click the spellweaving button along the left hand side of the page.

Boulder

Sorceror
spells

i got my mag to 70 skill it says i need to see mage traing to use those spells
when seen mage trainer woulnt train me
cant find magic trainer
also seen scrib that sell book but there empty books
how do i fix this
give young player with 5o magery skill cant open the 12 spell spell book but can open full spell
book try to cast lvl 1 spell it says need to see trainer

Boulder

Boulder said:
i got my mag to 70 skill it says i need to see mage traing to use those spells
when seen mage trainer woulnt train me
cant find magic trainer
also seen scrib that sell book but there empty books
how do i fix this
give young player with 5o magery skill cant open the 12 spell spell book but can open full spell
book try to cast lvl 1 spell it says need to see trainer
First of all, do yo have the recent updates?
Second, make sure you are using a player to test the system.
Third, make sure the EnableClass is set to false [if not using the restrictive system]. If using it, did you create a module for the player? If not type: [myclass.
Fourth, the magics trainer hasn't been updated yet, nor, the control center.

Boulder

Sorceror
spells

im use a payer
i put in the latest system and other scripts you have posted
the modal was set for druid

ok i disable system
and cheate new player the spells work