RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you build a project based on RunUO...

BardFreedom

Wanderer
Full circle back to "keep it" simple

From what I perceive, All Ryan asked was to "give credit where credit is due".

How damn hard would it really be to simply type in a box somewhere " And thanks to the runuo team for some of their coding method used in another "make a pay to play- free for all to play" game, as it helped us save some time trying to make WoW a free play game" <-----I'm not very good at typing so this sentence took me a total of approx 1 minute give or take 20 seconds.
And the request\gripe to give credit helps to "nuture" the "free Play" community at large. Try and remember folks, the "big picture" is to let the big gaming corporations. know when their respective "think tanks" wreck a perfectly good mmorpg, that their is a larger community waiting to fix, improve, grow and in the end surpass the fool headed corporates that fail, after much profiteering, to listen to their "paying" communities. Giving credit where credit is due is a good thing to do for this purpose.

how many paid and waited for that ethy llama? what did runuo do for me--AddItem " Ethy llama" Ahh the wait is over and not a dime spent either.

Thanks Ryan and RunUO Staff(Zippy, Krrios that I know of) for all the effort without that effort the impoverished gamer(ME)(and we do excist despite any lack of beleif that we do) would never be able to enjoy UO or any other "pay to play" game. <---Uh 'bout 1min .30 seconds to type

Nam01

Wanderer
Already done

already done Ryan i always give credit where credit is due only right thing to do,
I have enjoy your program and upgrades you and your team has done and i am very pleased with it.

Again thank you for your time and hard work you have put into this program.

RoninGT said:
Ryan i found this page, Not sure if its true but if it is... A wow emu is making loot off RunUO Core... Should give it a look see bro

http://wowarcraft.org/emus.html

Ronin

Thats the one hes talking about ^_^

Link said:
There are not many active world of warcraft server emulator's, and even less are opensource and thus free of charge , the most used and mature is :
WoWemu (WadEmu) by WAD based on RunUO which is not free ($100/month) and aparently quite badly written with many features not working and allowing for a small number of players and requiring a very powerful server (512 RAM for each 20-30 players) .

Besides that there are no more than just 2 emulators , incidently the free ones, which have changed names* and evolved trough different groups many times and they are :
eWoW (rumored to be built on leaked official code by russians and which uses text files and is written in C#)
WoWd (seems to be loseely rooted in Stormcraft** uses a mysql databases and is written in C++)

The latest name for eWoW at the moment is WoWWoW and is being carried on by Dr. Nexus , and for WoWd is MaNGOS carried on by a number of BlizzHackers***

* ewow branches/names : (wowdaemon, wowwow) , wowd branches/names : (openwow, wowpython, ludmilla, mangos)

Or were you refering to WoWEmu that charges ...

BardFreedom

Wanderer
WoWemu (WadEmu) by WAD based on RunUO which is not free ($100/month) and apparently quite badly written with many features not working and allowing for a small number of players and requiring a very powerful server (512 RAM for each 20-30 players)

O.K. add to that the lack of CLARITY, if read "wrong" one would think RunUO is charging 100 bucks a month. That may lead "Us" into trouble, as RunUO is Free, with a request for donations.
I havent paid a hundred bucks a month yet nor have i ever been asked to pay any amount to play this Emu, and I will testify to that in a court of law if need be Ryan. word is bond

Slayer706

Sorceror
Yeah, that comment is misleading. They should have put commas before and after "based on RunUO".

WoWemu (WadEmu) by WAD, based on RunUO, which is not free ($100/month)

I Can Loot

Wanderer
/me rofl.
guys ur halutinating :):):)
wowEmu is based on RunUO :) lol
it's written in C++ (and if u know RunUO is written in C#) :)
amagad... u make me laugh :)

oh ya ya. and eWoW is based on leaked off server :) muahaha. and I'm Yuri Romanov. i came to make total communism all over the world :)

I Can Loot said:
/me rofl.

oh ya ya. and eWoW is based on leaked off server :) muahaha. and I'm Yuri Romanov. i came to make total communism all over the world :)
rofl? You can "easily" convert code from C++ to C# as far as my knowledge goes.
Noone was saying wowwow would be totally based on RunUO code, but in fact some pieces are taken from RunUO GPLed code. Read the posts from BardFreedom, he admits that fact.

I Can Loot

Wanderer
Kamuflaro said:
rofl? You can "easily" convert code from C++ to C# as far as my knowledge goes.
yeah yeah. and Phantom can add full ML support in one day. but he won't because he worries for a code stability :):)

dspain75

Sorceror
I Can Loot said:
/me rofl.

better check with the dev team then because i say actualyl i quote one of the wowemu developers in a development forum asking for help on a piece of code and the snippet he had up there wasnt no c++ i have ever worked with it was straight up no way to hide it .net c#

oh but i know what he did he converted his c++ code to .net just for support then he'd switch it back.

cool

dspain75

Sorceror
I Can Loot said:
yeah yeah. and Phantom can add full ML support in one day. but he won't because he worries for a code stability :):)

im sure he can phantom is a good developer, bit hotheaded at times but hands down a good developer.

i have a runuo 1.0 server with full ML support took me just a hair over a day but as he said code stability, it would crash for the most idiotic things.

thats the difference in putting in work to make something work over stealing someone elses conceptious ideas and keeping em to yourself.
i mean come on dude its GPL they dont mind using it as a reference point or even an engine base.

just add powered by runuo to it and give props where props is due.

they put in all this work for free and what do they get back? welcome to wowow or sunuo or some other program pulled from it.

hell the russians give runuo props and hell even sunuo mentions runuo rather sunuo requires runuo to work.

if it was so easy why not just write it from scratch ?

or simply use runuo and call it runwow or wowow powered by runuo.

Funny how you think it's C++ since the uncompiled code on my harddrive tells me it's C#. It also tells me that it's a ripped up runuo core. Just gpl the god damn thing and give credit where it's due.

Alis

Wanderer
well i gave credit for Runuo s.e for ryan long before :) Some remember when i started the project but now its in the history :) So still i give credit to my sweet heart team :)

Irian

Page
We'll put a link to RunUO as soon as our Beta server goes online. I don't think, that this is "giving credit" - it's "Advertisment" (Running on RunUO is imho a good thing and you must be stupid to NOT mention it on your shard's homepage :)).

Irian

Page
I'm refering to the top posting that asks for a link to the RunUO page... I don't know what you are talking about, honestly.

Alis

Wanderer
Irian said:
I'm refering to the top posting that asks for a link to the RunUO page... I don't know what you are talking about, honestly.

oh sorry :) my mistake i thought you told me :)