RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mondain's Legacy

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Not sure if the request for help is still open. If it is, I'd be happy to help where I can (which isn't in a lot of places :-\).

CEO

Sorceror
Will the latest SVN become the next release with ML stuff or is there another branch that is being worked on that we don't see?

stormwolff

Knight
shiftydaclown;729359 said:
Hey Ryan maybe you should check out the ML release in the Custom scripts section

im sure that can help some?

Already been suggested/asked and answered.

Setharnas;729029 said:
Why don't you contact Malganis? He seems to have a good hold on ML already.

Originally Posted by Draegen
My second question: Why have you not just contacted Mel for his code and just redo it to your coding standards. As his code is posted But asking to use it for runuo ain't a bad idea.

Originally Posted by Ryan
Mel has sent me a PM recently and is inclined to help. I'm going to get everyone together that has inquired about helping and get them on the same page and we will knock out a task list to get ML done.

Zippy

Razor Creator
Draegen;729272 said:
Im referring to the lastest 6.0.5 2D client not KR because KR clients just blows all the way around.
These clients have been supported in the SVN for several weeks now.

CEO

Sorceror
I asked early, but it got lost above. Is the currently SVN being used for ML updates or is there a new branch somewhere? I'd like to see what's been done so far before I jump into making stuff and not duplicate efforts.

Nar Matteru

Wanderer
Peoharen;729735 said:
SVN scares me. Anything that spams 40+ downloads for a client thing on the website that claims to have created SVN is too complecated to even care about.

What in Darwin's Name are you talking about?

CEO

Sorceror
I was kinda of like you until the magic light-bulb went on. You want to get TortoiseSVN, it installs and integrates with explorer. Very easy to use once you get the idea of it, after setup it's pretty much all right click a folder or program and pick an SVN option. There's a how-to SVN tutorial I believe in the FAQ forum too.

While most shards probably branch off a little, you keep all your custom stuff in the custom's folder. If you have to modify the core or an SVN script, it's really not all that hard to recombine the two (unless you've modded out way beyond the norm). Alot of additions on the admin side are usually just one liners or a new functions that won't necessarily interfere with RunUO's SVN. It's easy enough to check out the log file as well to see what's been changed over a period of time and creating a patch file is as easy as using Winmerge. It's really not that hard as it seems to be, trust me! I went through the same "WTH not again" after changing from 2 other software management systems. This one, by far, is the best and easiest to use.

I asked early, but it got lost above. Is the currently SVN being used for ML updates or is there a new branch somewhere? I'd like to see what's been done so far before I jump into making stuff and not duplicate efforts.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Removed a bunch of unneeded commentary type posts. Please keep this to the work at hand.

Murzin

Knight
i would say look at joeku for help, but he has some personable issues and he does some things in a very non-minimalistic fashion.

still, he may be able to help you in some things. i think he may be an asset to the team. but you would have to go over his code.

i wouldnt mind volunteering to help but there are really 3 problems.
1) time... im currently trying to manage playing in 2 raiding guilds in WoW
2) ability... while i am good in a lot of ways, there are just some things that are way over my head
3) time... im currently spending my free time helping someone with minor projects on their server

while i could help with some things, i think it would take too long for free time between 1-3 for me to officially volunteer. but you could look into joeku if you want.

Joeku

Lord
I've been volunteered? Lol.

I'm more interested in creating addons for RunUO rather than working with the distro. Anddd this upcoming school semester is gonna be crazy for me so... no dice =/

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
Phentis;730229 said:
Hope Wyatt will help you... As I know he has both ML and KR support completed on RunUO!

Wyatt is a dumbass who couldn't code himself out of a one-sided box.

I really do hope your computer is hacked by his network of zombie machines, would make my day.

* Signed *

The All Seeing Eye

This will be my only post on this matter incase anyone is wondering. Life of a computer scientist is great.

Behringer

Sorceror
Dragonas;732197 said:
I hope this link will you help too. There you will find ALL ML-Scripts:

RunUOForge > Projects > Mondain's Legacy > SVN > Browse repository

And now i have got a question. Why you don´t make a patch for RunUO 2.0 RC1 which upgrade it to ML?

The accuracy, quality, compatibility, and completeness of that code will still need to be tested by the official RunUO team and anyone they delegate to help them out.

As far as an upgrade from one release candidate to the next, I don't know how realistic that would be either. I've seen how much has changed between the current SVN and RC1. I wouldn't want to have to create something that upgrades from one to the other. Also, usually the problem you will run into are user created scripts not working or being compatible. I don't think it is the RunUO teams responsibility to gaurantee everyone elses code will work and that it will ugprade correctly.

On the good side though, the fact that this thread even exists and they have already mentioned contacting some of the people that created or collected the code you posted above means that they are probably going to take portions of that to incorporate into the final product. I'm actually excited and eager to see what the end result will be.

Ruined1

Wanderer
I'd be more than willing to spend any free time I have (which is a lot) on helping you guys do the Mondain's Legacy expansion for RunUO. I already dedicate a large portion of that free time to runnning around on UOG: Divinity and helping out new players to the best of my abilities...

What exactly does this help entail? What kind of work do you need done and what subjects does it cover?

Decently seasoned in C# programming and I make great a great test subject :D

Be more than glad to assist. Just let me know.