RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mondain's Legacy

C h a o s

Wanderer
hey lemme know if you still need some help, i have myself, two brothers and a family friend willing to help, we've all got osi accounts, and years of exp coding and whatnot

Ulrich

Wanderer
Soooooooo,

How's the team doing? Things going smooth? Need more help? I'm not that great at code, but I can help test stuff?

Peoharen

Sorceror
I love posts like that, they make me feel like I'm not the only one in the world who knows nothing about SVN.

I mean, its not hard to understand Repos, Ra, mod_dav_svn,
etc.

Pont

Knight
Have you managed to get any help with ML or are you still looking? and if so whats still needed.

Greystar

Wanderer
Pont;752482 said:
Have you managed to get any help with ML or are you still looking? and if so whats still needed.

MalGanis' and others with him(her) have been working on getting ML stuff done, however the download for it is gone until RunUOForge comes back.

Grom09

Sorceror
hi, i posted like 6 months ago, concerning and needing help with svn.
i downloaded svn,
so currently i have runuo 2.0 SVN
and i was told i need svn to have Mondain legacy stuff
but i have 2 errors and was told it was a problem in the core
but i dont know what to change, all i want is the ML stuff
can someone give me a hand plz

greywolf79

Sorceror
I am not overly impressive when it comes to scripting... But I learn well. I have little experience with gumps (and I know they are a big part of the programming) but I can make creatures and items (weapons, clothing, armor, etc) easily and well and would be happy to help alleviate some of the burden with the easier stuff like that. I am still learning and love a challenge. Though time is the biggest issue with me. I have some personal stuff that prevents me from being on 24/7 but I work with deadlines fairly well... If you think my work shows I can do something to help (I have posted some stuff) then let me know in a pm what you would like to have me work on. I am happy to help where I can.

GreyWolf.

Insomniac-

Sorceror
Helper.

I want to help, can someone contact me with whats needed. Code/Information/anything.... Lemme know whats needed, im on IRC or just PM me. Thanks.

Ulrich

Wanderer
well it's been nearly 10 months since the original post.... not trying to be ungrateful or anything but I have 3 questions... and yes or no will work for an answer

1: Is this project still being worked on?

2: Will we see anything before the new year?

3: is this going to be one big release? (meaning you may have some stuff done... but you are waiting to get it all done before you release any of it)

Being probably one of the few still very excited for this expansion to drop... I would really like an update... or at the very least yes or no's on the above questions.

thank you.

kat20

Sorceror
Grom09;754884 said:
hi, i posted like 6 months ago, concerning and needing help with svn.
i downloaded svn,
so currently i have runuo 2.0 SVN
and i was told i need svn to have Mondain legacy stuff
but i have 2 errors and was told it was a problem in the core
but i dont know what to change, all i want is the ML stuff
can someone give me a hand plz

Well I have a Malganis ML shard, I probably can help however I would need to see the actual error? And as far as getting the ML stuff well alot of it will not work with out the core properly assembled,Thanks

Hitman3

Wanderer
I am no where near a considered Good coder. I however have extremely good knowledge of ML and its contents, not to mention i enjoy playing it. But if you need lists of things forgotten, let me know via PM or aim : Twoman187211. I would love to help out in anyway i can, but like i said im new to coding, ive been doing 3 years but not dedicated, im juist not getting to notice a script creator is helpful.

greywolf79

Sorceror
Ryan;729078 said:
Boy arent you guys some funny assholes lately...

RC2 is around the corner for a security release. ML is going to be the goal for 2.0 final.

We hope to have that out early next year but with out community support it will not happen and frankly we've never asked for community support like this before...

I know you guys are busy, so I do not mean to bother you but I am very interested in this idea. I was wondering if there was a schedule date you were attempting to have 2.0 final out by? And though I am limited on my resources, knowledge, and time I can alot to the project, I would be happy to help with any of the minor parts of getting this done...

GreyWolf.

Ulrich

Wanderer
Jeff;778819 said:
When its done

so is that an answer to one of my questions? Yes it is still being worked on?

3: is this going to be one big release? (meaning you may have some stuff done... but you are waiting to get it all done before you release any of it)

I can understand the defensive response I'm sure you guys have more people tossing attitude at you than ones that are just excited for this release. I think it wouldn't be asking too much just for an update on the progress, remember there are a lot of us that are here to applaud your efforts... just seems the complainers are louder.

Jeff

Lord
Ulrich;779539 said:
I don't know.
Ulrich;779539 said:
I don't know.
Ulrich;779539 said:
I don't know.

Sorry, those are all truth.

Kar Mall

Sorceror
I have just decided to switch my server to RunUO and I for one am really looking forward to this.

If I was better at writting in C# I would offer my help, but since I am still learning.....

Acronis

Sorceror
By the end of 2009 3rd quarter I should have a RunUO build that is fully revamped containing these features + more:

- New, easier to use/manage property system. (mask based - so you can apply a mask on an item/mobile, for stuff like polymorph forms, or special spells that change weapon mods temporary)

- Fully redone craft system (current one is horribly coded, making it hard to add ML stuff)

- Full blown peerless system - the real thing. Keys that expire, peerless room, monsters with right abilities etc
(this I already have)

- MySQL based storage engine. Lot of stuff will be real time/queued for instant save. This will make the system more scalable and eliminate world saves. The cost is the requirement for faster HDD - possibly raid 0 or 10 setup.

- Fully automated event system (no staff required to attend/run events)
(this I have already, just need to add more event types, only have pvp tourney and ctf so far)

- Native Linux support (may break windows support but don't care - a real server should be run in Linux anyway)

- Basically most if all of ML
(most of it is covered, but missing museums/library and stuff of that sort)

- Better monster AI (mobs that can use chiv, spellweaving, necro, ninjitsu, etc based on skill)
(this I already have)

- Tons of smaller stuff I'm not thinking of right now, like doom puzzle, crystal elemental mutation core, and small stuff like that

I plan to begin on these major by second quarter 2009 and complete before 2010. What are the chances of RunUO accepting this code once it's done? I will have a test and production shard up at all times as this code progresses. There may also be custom (non OSI) stuff but that can easily be removed for the release of RunUO.