RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something I have been thinking about...

reigec1

Wanderer
Other stuff for RunUO 3.1

:)Yea, I would like to see some new monsters, and every time i try to add customs to my RunUO 2.1, i get errors or it starts and i crash :confused:, so mabey do something with that? What about fireworks, New buildings, New skills, New spells, etc. :)

Z3r0

Sorceror
RunUO is great, but i don't know if it is the usual crappy work of EA or a mishap in the RunUO emulator that manages a 2D game to lag soooo bad when spawning or hue'ing 100+ items all at once. Apparently UO can suck up more resources than DOOM III at times. That is just crazy.

also..

Spam Delays should be server side so you could disable them for GM's and set your own spam delays for your shard.

Great Work:),
Zero

SiENcE

Sorceror
@Z3r0: please open a different talk if you want to talk about this. + I think you don't know the difference of dynamic and static objects. Do you?

reigec1

Wanderer
SiENcE;702344 said:
@Z3r0: please open a different talk if you want to talk about this. + I think you don't know the difference of dynamic and static objects. Do you?

DUDE, CHILL, just a game, D@^^N :mad:

Papou

Wanderer
I would really love to have an "out of the box" Pre UO:R server. If RUNUO had something like that, or somehow made it much easier for noobs like me to get such a server going, it would be awesome.

Tru

Knight
Papou;703055 said:
I would really love to have an "out of the box" Pre UO:R server. If RUNUO had something like that, or somehow made it much easier for noobs like me to get such a server going, it would be awesome.

The RunUO Team has given us a tool to build the kind of worlds we all like (In case I don't say it enough THANKS AGAIN GUYS!!). We honestly couldn't expect them to make a "flavor" for every version thats been out or that users would like.

Its our job to make them the special little worlds they are to us.

Don't worry about being a Noob. Read, Watch and Learn and slowly along the way use what you learn to make your shard yours!!

:eek: OMG 3000 Posts!! Have I really have that much to say?!

Ignius

Wanderer
Ok heres a question. I'm new to svn. and I've downloaded tortoise svn and that works great I've got up to 196 however. I have not figured out where to get the recent server.exe and dll's that are needed for it. I tried just the normal runuo.exe from the 2.0 download but that obviously doesn't work

So... yeah someone point me in the right dirrection

Tru

Knight
Ignius;703285 said:
Ok heres a question. I'm new to svn. and I've downloaded tortoise svn and that works great I've got up to 196 however. I have not figured out where to get the recent server.exe and dll's that are needed for it. I tried just the normal runuo.exe from the 2.0 download but that obviously doesn't work

So... yeah someone point me in the right dirrection

You need to compile the core (the .exe) from the Server scripts

rob.mcgill

Wanderer
I would like to see support for UO:KR, or atleast an upgrade path for C# programmers if they wanted to modify the source themselves.

I know that the RUNUO team already announced they would not be supporting UO:KR at this time, but you did say sky was the limit.

Torinas

Sorceror
A tool that makes it super easy to view, organize, sort, add, replace, patch and edit animations and graphics and such.

Dr. Phillie

Wanderer
If i see T2A uncommented in the next release i'd be happy.

Code:
	public enum Expansion
	{
		None,
		/*
		T2A,
		UOR,
		LBR,
		UOTD,
		*/
		AOS,
		SE,
		ML
	}

XenoNeo

Sorceror
Arahil;603761 said:
how about a new stable release? ;)

A stable release? I never had my server become unstable... I think that really has to do with the scripter and what he puts on his shard.

I'd love to see as many do, Runuo branch away from osi feel and expand with some kind of new game. Less limitation considering that UO is an old tree and we are trying to force it to grow new branches.

Murzin

Knight
Torinas;712813 said:
A tool that makes it super easy to view, organize, sort, add, replace, patch and edit animations and graphics and such.

runuo is a server emulator program. if you want a tool to modify the client, you would have to get someone to write one for you :)

this would be a probably large request from a lot of people, but it just shows that nobody who wants one is willing to write one. quite possibly due to how complicated editing client side art can be. this request has nothing to do with runuo but rather the UO PRS community

XenoNeo

Sorceror
Torinas;712813 said:

hehe, well I think the MulPatcher program sums up that. It modifies most of all the files you need to. I get through it so easily. I have added/created my own sounds, Art, gumpart, and animations.

birdman2279

Wanderer
Kenko;602999 said:
I would love Spellweaving, ML quest system and Peerless System, as well as harvest systems.. :p

Anyways I already love RunUO

i thought you where gone, i read somewhere you left RunUO, did you come back?

if so welcome back :)

Also i would like to see shard custom art patching built into Razor, eg. you enter the server ip and port but also have an option for custom client files, then they can just enter the url into the razor start screen & it will download the patch and apply it before it starts the client.

just an alternative i would preffer to CUO(not baggin it).