RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something I have been thinking about...

HellRazor

Knight
RunUO already supports multiple maps.

The limitation on the number of maps is not a limitation of the server, its a limitation of the UO client. The official UO client only knows about the maps it knows about, no matter how many RunUO can support.

The only way around this is to use a custom client that supports multiple maps.

a custom client that supports multiple maps.

*taps* on your shoulder... um... Hello? Playuo? Can we make playuo support more maps at once? then we would have so much more creative worlds out there! Would uo-gateway allow us to launch this coustom client? Having never thought about uog/playuo before i thought I'd ask. Maybe uog team could be convinced to support it?

Jeff

Lord
Mina Blackthorn;652188 said:
*taps* on your shoulder... um... Hello? Playuo? Can we make playuo support more maps at once? then we would have so much more creative worlds out there! Would uo-gateway allow us to launch this coustom client? Having never thought about uog/playuo before i thought I'd ask. Maybe uog team could be convinced to support it?

UOGateway is dead :/

personally for something id like to see in runuo, a way to tell which asshat is the one crashing the shard..... its hard to tell when over 100 online but yeah id like that for a few reasons. 1. could see what said person was doing at the time of the crash (which could ultimately help discover what needs fixed better than the crash report) 2. to hang the little effer in the middle of town while ppl throw tomatoes at em

Ilutzio

Sorceror
z0rr0;657428 said:
Create a new version of UO , totaly changed , different from EA's.Something like WOW but in UO world.

Everything would stand and fall on the graphics part. It took lik 20 full-time OSI artists 1-2 years to finish the graphics for UO. Us hobbyists (propsing a group of runuo folks would team up) would never be abel to match the quality, or 'accept' the time effort.

And furthermore: "Something like WOW but in UO world.". That's a good idea and i have thought a lot about it. It's totally doable, and some/most of the scripts you'll need are allready released (some examples):

• Instancing dungeons.
  • Xp/lvl system.
  • Race systems.
  • Quests and rewards.
  • Item-/armor-script 'wizard' program.
  • Capture the flag, deathmatch, arena game - scripts.
  • On site dueling scripts.

So what am i trying to say? Well, RunUO was created to be freely changable and with tons of work, it is, so if you want it done, assemble a team and do it yourself. :)

That brings me to an idea i had just now.
I think there should be some place here on the boards where you can 'advertise' your projects. Let's say i want to build a UO:R server, i could make a post in the special forum so like-minded people could join my project. It would, of course, have to be strictly regulated, posts like "i wanna start a shard, give me all the scripts you got" woulden't be allowed.

But if a person post this information:
  • What they plan to do with their runuo-related project.
  • How far they'v come.
  • What they would like help with.
  • Other team members on the project.
  • The website.
  • The shard adress and port.
... I think a "seeking team mebers"-forum would be handy. I meen after all, if someone is not intrested in joining a project then they won't have to read that forum, but if they are then they have a huge 'database' of possible teams to join.

Just a suggestion.

LFFPicard

Sorceror
I play alot of Anarchy Online and find some things nice that i dont see in many games..
Here is a short list..

Buffing Spells/Abilities - like a Healer casting a Max Health buff or a small Heal over Time both of witch last say 5-10mins

DoT's and HoT's - Mainly for Mages/Paladins Damage Over Time and Heal Over Time spells that again last a certain time period

Fully working intergrated Govermant system (Yes i know we have a cusotm script, but one built in that can be turned on/off would be nice)

Mailing system (Taken form WOW) so if a playe ris offline and you wante dot send them a item they where after or owed them money or somehting it can be mailed ot them and they can pick it up at any Inn...

Thats all i can think of for now

E

etragan

Personally I would like to see some more support between uo and uo iris. Their concept was so cool taking already implemented graphics with uo and turning them 3d like wow if the run uo team would combine efforts I bet they can produce a better more modern client.

kaball

Wanderer
A new uo ?? aside that the idea is exciting and all.. but its almost impossible due to the survival rate of that project
1st - BY ORIGIN and UO TO EA... billions of $$
2nd - there are thousands of MMO'S right now, all the same crap and non can make a stand besides the multi millinair corps that support a few.
3d - you would need in minimal circumstances about 4 to 6 years of Graphic dev and gameplay dev to complete this
4th- It would have to stand out from the others like uo did 9 years ago, very gore very realistic, i hate wow for that, those childish looking mobs, they never look like they are going to eat your brains.
5th- I think the runuo team is good, but they would need much more founds and members.
6th- Would this boost our community ?? = yes it would if we could. since at the moment, i am very pessimistic due to all those reasons i listed, i think it would end like the sphere project did .. a big pile of crap .

so its very easy to dream kids but very hard to do

kaball

Wanderer
the game that realy suprised me ... halo, single player .... the pure epic !

1 2 ... cant wait for 3 ... now theres a project that doesnt fear nothing

one was one thing, the second ... totaly new graphics ... the third will blow everyones head off !!! now thats the kind of dedication uo should have get since the begining dont giving a s## about others think ... allways bring something new and keep ahead of the time ...

thats the magic of bungie guys ... they allways try new stuff and blow the heads of everybody

4RK3TYP3

Wanderer
I wanna see some sort of martial arts toggle for Halo. So if you weren't carrying a weapon you could throw kicks, punches, and various kempo moves.

idk if its been said before nor if its possible to do so....

but ive noticed alot of ppl like to be pack rats of items that in mosts eyes would be worthless ie standard OSI arties

would it be possible to make items in a house or bag not count aginst the item count on the shard ie like hair in 2.0

Malaperth

Wanderer
Ronin Warrior;665742 said:
idk if its been said before nor if its possible to do so....

but ive noticed alot of ppl like to be pack rats of items that in mosts eyes would be worthless ie standard OSI arties

would it be possible to make items in a house or bag not count aginst the item count on the shard ie like hair in 2.0

Only by freezing and patching.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
It adds another layer of complexity. Of course you want as many layers of complexity as possible - DUH!

silly mordero...

endwolf

Sorceror
Perfection?

I know I haven't 1/100Th the skill of allot of the talented scripters on this forum, with thats said... I believe in and support all of the great programmers and the like here. I have great respect for there abilities. Ryan and the Dev team have done such a great job with RunUO. Over the years Ive watch Lucid, daat, and all the rest of these talented people run with what they were given. Re-inventing the way RunUO worked and played. To see the Dev team and Ryan and these talented, devoted and relentless followers working together on one common goal....OMG the outcome would be, would be... well I would pay to play it!!!!!!!!!! Just the thought of something made here outside the UO box, sends shivers down my spine. We may have had our arguments and words but all in all this is the best group Ive ever had the pleasure of being a part of. They have pushed me to learn and to think when I would not have given a second thought. So to be blunt... I will back all you peps in anything ya want to do! Even the Dev of a completely new game! (oooooo) That would be the cats MEOW!!!!! And to all of you let me take this op to thank all of you for a great 4 and a half years of pure Perfection in what ya do here! You people are RUNUO!!! thx :)