RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultima Online Kingdom Reborn support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[/QUOTE]
Ya umm, that clause is kinda in place in case the government becomes a dictatorship or starts bombing us and stuff.... copyright infringement issues arent really a call for temporary anarchy and reestablishment of government, sry.

PappaSmurf

Knight
RavonTUS;669033 said:
Greetings,

I thought some states in the south try that once?

-Ravon

Yeah they did, then the northern remaining parts of the US engaged in a undeclared act of aggression against a new legal country and claimed and absorbed it....and who said the US doesnt practice imperialism.

But it wasn't just the southern parts of the US, after the emancipation proclamation, New York City tried to succeed from the United States with hopes of forming a independent city state as 80% of the City was ran on slave labor. It's funny what history books in the US tell you in order to instill racist and one sided views on the issue of the US Civil War in to the hearts and minds of our youth. On an interesting side note, The Confederate States of America outlawed the international Slave Trade over a year prior to the emancipation proclamation, but that dosen't get mentioned in history books either.

bean56

Wanderer
PappaSmurf;669046 said:
Yeah they did, then the northern remaining parts of the US engaged in a undeclared act of aggression against a new legal country and claimed and absorbed it....and who said the US doesnt practice imperialism.

But it wasn't just the southern parts of the US, after the emancipation proclamation, New York City tried to succeed from the United States with hopes of forming a independent city state as 80% of the City was ran on slave labor. It's funny what history books in the US tell you in order to instill racist and one sided views on the issue of the US Civil War in to the hearts and minds of our youth. On an interesting side note, The Confederate States of America outlawed the international Slave Trade over a year prior to the emancipation proclamation, but that dosen't get mentioned in history books either.

I think you're getting off topic.

N4rk0

Wanderer
But they said that for te first period you will be able to play with the new and old client...so , i'm wrong if i think that there will be not any change server side ? and if it is so , may be that runuo well be compatible with new client ?

HellRazor

Knight
Very possible, unless they totally change the packets, in which case we could be screwed for both the 2D and the KR clients.

Courageous

Wanderer
HellRazor;669111 said:
Very possible, unless they totally change the packets, in which case we could be screwed for both the 2D and the KR clients.

*shrug*

They can't really encrypt the local client-side art in any meaningful way. With that, PlayUO can be made to work just fine. There is an issue of whatever rules and new stuff they introduce with the client, and making the server support those in various ways. I couldn't be bothered to care about that. It would, though, be quite nice if runuo had a face lift.

C//

RavonTUS

Sorceror
Greetings,

Have you patched lately? Check this out...it says...

March 30, 2007
5:30PM PST
Version: 5.0.9.1

Current News:

UPDATE: 3D Client Going Away
Client Patch 2.0.9.1
Traveler's Advisory: Shrines of Love
All Shards to be Published

UPDATE: This patch has been pushed out - the projected date is now April 11th.

The 3D client will no longer be usable on the live servers as of the client patch that is projected to go live on April 11th. After that patch, the only clients that you will be able to log in with are the 2D client and, if you're a beta tester, the KR client on certain servers.

We apologize for the suddenness of this announcement - there are technical requirements we need to meet in order to continue with the KR beta testing process, and unfortunately meeting those requirements meant making changes now that the 3D client is not getting. We hope to be able to present our 3D players with the much improved Kingdom Reborn client as soon as possible after this change.

Death of the 3D client, I never really liked it anyway. I would aslo suggest coping your client.exe before April 11th. Things maybe taking a dive before too long.

-Ravon

pex

Wanderer
The DMCA doesn't only apply to new software. There is nothing in the DMCA that says "this law only applies to software created after (date)". It covers both the new client AND the old client. And the 3D client for that matter, which was a similar situation only a few years ago.

The US Constitution wants a word with you.

Article I said:
No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed.
Article I said:
No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

Ignoring where common law affects this issue as related to 'passing law', there is always the problem of:
you weren't doing wrong before, but if you're perpetually continuing to partake in this act, you are now under the scope of scruitinization of this law...

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Wen;669013 said:
As a matter of fact you can if you live in America.
Many people do not realize that one of the founding documents of America gives you this power.

[/U][/B][/SIZE]whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,

I did that three times so the point would sink in. Many people will still read that and be like THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO, which is a sad fact of today's society.

1. Declaration of Independence is not law.

2. You are advocating treason.

3. The legal system is not "form of government" in the sense referred to here.

@PS: Don't get me started on the Civil War...I'm an Anti-Federalist, tbh...

pex;669196 said:
The US Constitution wants a word with you.

Ignoring where common law affects this issue as related to 'passing law', there is always the problem of:
you weren't doing wrong before, but if you're perpetually continuing to partake in this act, you are now under the scope of scruitinization of this law...

Ex post facto laws are laws in which a person can be criminally charged for actions they did in the past - actions that were not illegal at the time they were committed.

The DMCA is not an ex-post facto law because you cannot be prosecuted for previous violations prior to the law's existence. Whether or not the software was created pre or post-DMCA is irrelevent.

TMSTKSBK;669199 said:

1. Declaration of Independence is not law.

2. You are advocating treason.

3. The legal system is not "form of government" in the sense referred to here.

@PS: Don't get me started on the Civil War...I'm an Anti-Federalist, tbh...
advocating treason over a video game's copyright laws, no less.

crackrat

Wanderer
LOLOL ok while im one of those out in this world that believes we have many important issues that the govt is ignoring or criminally negligent in dealing with.I do believe that civil war will happen at some future point. I cannot justify or condone a civil war over the beliefs of the runuo staff not to work on the new client.

realizing this and still being of a fairly sound mind ide ask that this thread be looked at for its reason of existence and get it at least somat back on track.

@wen thank you for the rather humorous post and if you truly believe your statement, please restrict your voting privileges.

Status
Not open for further replies.